video recording at wide angle (wider than 28mm). The list is under development.
Requirements: Less than 28mm optics, HD 1080P video, less than 400 grams total weight.
Samsung EX2F $329, 24mm f1.4 wide angle, 294g + battery Focus: No manual focus
- Canon Ixus 220 HS $193, 24mm f2.7, 142 grams. Focus: Infinity mode
- Canon S100 $329, 24mm f2.0, 192 grams, focus: ?
- Panasonix LX7 $330, 24-90mm f1.1.4-2.3, 298 grams, focus: Manual
- Fujifilm Finepix F660 EXR
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ30
- Nikon COOLPIX S800c (25-250 mm)
- Leica V-Lux 30 (24-384mm, f3.5-5.9)
The lens at the Canon 220(Elph 300)is a little bit too soft for my taste (understandable for a 5x consumer zoom lens). It adds a little glowing effect on the videos. The Samsung lacks manual focus and is heavy.
My current bet is on the Panasonic. Very light sensitive at f1.4 and good external controls of manual settings and nd-filter. Pro video format AVCHD makes better files for editing.